Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Decorating

If you know me, you know I love Christmas.  You may have heard Michael say that I packed half a suitcase full of Christmas decorations.  He's right.  I packed some leafy garlands, some adorable pictures of the kids from the past few years, and some nativity scenes from grandparents.  And, with the birthday money that people sent me, I bought more.  With being away from family during the holidays, I wanted our house to feel Christmas-y, to have a warmth to it.  I love all I brought and all I bought.  And I love decorating the house.  I love flinging green and red afar (Baylor reference!!).  I love everything about it.  I don't even mind decorating by myself.  I like to show off my handiwork.  But, I don't like decorating the tree by myself.  Unfortunately, my husband does not have quite the decorating spirit that I have and my kids are a wee bit too small to be much help.  So, a few days after we wrapped up our big Thanksgiving shindig, we invited a group of college exchange students back over to help decorate the tree.  This was a first for some of them.


 I also love decorating Christmas cookies.  So, guess what we did after we decorated the Christmas tree . . . Christmas cookies!  Since we don't, yet, have a kitchen table, we gathered on the floor and decorated.  We had red, green, and white icing, as well as chocolate sprinkles.

These girls were very creative!

 These are my favorites that I decorated.



No comments:

Post a Comment