Monday, August 6, 2018

Busy weekends

We've had some busy weekends around here lately.  We took our young adults from church to Dieng (a city up in the mountains that was so cold!), Paisley and I went to Mangunang (a traditional Indonesian village), and celebrated Paisley's birthday.  Fun times!  I'll start with our trip to Dieng.  Not too many pictures, but we had a great time . . . and got to wear jackets!!

We met at McDonalds to have a quick breakfast and to wait for the bus.


There are lots of photo opportunities up the mountain.  The kids wanted pictures with this owl.




 After about 10 seconds, Paisley started asking for them to take the owl off.  They couldn't hear her and just kept letting people take pictures.

It cost about 50 cents to have your picture taken.  The guy in the fur hat is the one who runs the stand and takes the money.  He asked for a picture with Paisley.  I tried to make him pay for it, but he just laughed.  Hey, if I pay him to take pictures of my kid, he should pay me to take pictures of him, right??


 Michael decided to take the kids for ride on some little 4-wheelers.  His and Truett's didn't work, so he upgraded to a dirt bike.  Oh how the kids loved this!!!  When they rode with me on the 4-wheeler, I let them steer.  When they rode with Michael on the dirt bike, they got to go up the hills.  What fun!

 We also visited a temple.


The kids got spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment