Friday, November 6, 2015

Cambodia and Thailand

We had some meetings in Cambodia last week and then headed to Thailand for a little family vacation.  So, over the next few weeks, I'll put up pictures of some of the things we did.  First, I'll start with some horseback riding in Cambodia and then elephant riding in Thailand.

While Michael and I were stuck in our meetings . . . I mean, learning a great deal of interesting things . . . the kids got to do some fun things.  Their favorite was probably riding horses.  Here are a few shots.


In Thailand, we rode some elephants.  I must say, we were less than impressed.  We pretty much just walked up a road, went about 30 feet on a mountain path, and turned back around.  And they tried to sell us some type of souvenirs.  And it was more expensive than we planned.  And I was a bit scared that high up on a shaky seat on an elephant.  But the kids had a good time, I think.

Look in the background, you can see the other elephants chained up, waiting under tents to give people rides.
 Before we started, Truett said he wanted to "drive" the elephant.  Well, he accidentally knocked his shoe off and the driver had to just down to get it.  Then, he asked Truett if he wanted to sit up on the elephants head.  He was so excited!  But, I think he got a little nervous and wanted to get back up on the seat.  You can see him sitting on the elephants head in the middle picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment