Friday, September 18, 2015

The Things We See (and Hear)

This is our third installment of "The Things We See."  I thought I would add to it a couple of funny stories.  They both have to do with conversations I've had at school.  

1)  A test is called a "review" and a review is called . . . well I haven't quite figured that one out, yet.  I found this out because I planned on giving my students a test and I wrote up a review for them to prepare them for the test (that's what a review is, right???).  Well, I gave one of the other teachers the review to hand out.  When I showed up the following week, she hadn't handed out the reviews because she thought they were the tests!  Oh my, oh my!

2)  This Thursday is a holiday from school because of a religious holiday.  Come to find out, this past weekend, different sects of this religion couldn't decide what day the holiday should be on.  Some say Wednesday and some say Thursday!  What?  So, this week, the school suddenly decides that the school should have a holiday on Wednesday and Thursday.  Crazy!

Id El Fitri decorations at the mall

 This becak (pronounced bay-chuck) was getting gas at the gas station.  Most are pedal bikes, but some have engines.

 Who knew I could find cowboy boots in Indonesia?!?!?!

Look closely . . . do you see the heads on the fried chicken?  Yummy!!

Mannequins

Not quite sure what this is supposed to be.  It's a parade, but what is that hairy animal?

 
 I know it's hard to see, but the billboard for a hotel says "mice promotions."  Ummm . . . who wants to stay there?

"Bacon" on a hamburger.

We spent about six bucks on these Dr Pepper twizzlers that we found.  They were NOT good!


No comments:

Post a Comment