Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Truett's "Gradulation"

Yes, Truett had his "gradulation" last week and, boy, was it one spectacular affair.  A few things about it and then we'll get to the pictures.  First, the Parent's Committee asked if I would join them in singing (they wanted more people to make their little ensemble look fuller).  So, of course I agreed.  We sang the Indonesian national anthem and another patriotic song.  Now, when I say "we" sang, I really mean they sang and I just moved my mouth.  Although we practiced about a million times, I only knew about 1/4 of the words. Luckily, I was on the back row.  Unluckily, I was still a head taller than the girl in front of me.  Oh well!  Second, the theme was "Yogya Istimewah," which means "Special Yogya."  Everyone was asked to dress in traditional Javanese attire.  So, I went along with it!  You should have seen my hair and clothes!  Unfortunately, you won't get to see it because I forgot to take a picture.  It's not one of those, oops, I forgot, but really I just didn't want anybody to see me.  Nope, I just plain forgot!  The whole ceremony took about three hours.  Woah!  For just a preschool and kindergarten graduation, that was WAY too long!  The kids had to stay backstage with their teachers the whole time.  Truett said he was SO HOT that he just laid down and fell asleep.  That's probably true.  Paisley was out in the audience with mom and me.  She did a good job, but did get a bit restless.  The first hour was the actual graduation, then there was an 8th anniversary of the school celebration, a break, a "performer," and then a performance.  Mom and I couldn't really follow the performance because it was all in Indonesian, but each of the classes did get to go out and do a little dance, so that was fun to watch.   Truett's class was dressed up in traditional Javanese attire, too.  He was awfully cute!  I did get some pictures of him, don't worry.  So, here are the pictures:


 This is a picture of a friend of mine, just to give you a picture of what I was dressed like.

These pictures are of the graduation ceremony.  He learned the Javanese words for "thank you" and said them to the teacher giving him his certificate.  I didn't get a great picture of him, but I got a good one of his friend. 

This was the intermission act.  It started out as a ribbon dancer, then there were a few mask and costume changes (or maybe more like strip teases???), more dancing, some acting like a gorilla, and it ended up with a guy clown.  It was all quite odd. I didn't take these pictures, but found them on the internet.

How adorable does this kid look?!?!?  See how he's waving to us.

And some pictures after the performance was over.

These last pictures were taken the morning of graduation at practice.  There was some guy outside the auditorium taking pictures.  Afterwards, he was out there selling them.

1 comment:

  1. Well.... Miss Brookie... you share the picture of Michael in full dress so I anxiously await of a picture of you in full dress! I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete