Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Red Class Outing

I'm so tired and ready for bed!  I've been working on a lesson plan for tomorrow for about 2 hours, and I was already half way done with it when I started it tonight.  Good news, though . . . next week is my last week to teach.  Hooray!  I am so ready to be finished teaching International English.  Yes, I know how to speak English well, but I sure don't know how to teach it well.  So, one more week, then a few days of exams, then grading and writing comments.  It can't end soon enough!

But, on to what you really care about . . . the kids!  Paisley's class at school is known as the Red Class.  One of the moms has tried to make us a more cohesive group and I am so thankful for that.  We now have a facebook page where we can post reminders to each other about school events or questions that we have about what is going on at school.  It's been very nice.  Let's be realistic, though, I can't understand most of the stuff they write.  There is way to much slang and too many abbreviations.  Anyway, that particular mom organized a class activity for the kids and parents.  It was really a great idea.  However, I think it was borne out of the idea that the mom's of the Blue Class (Truett's class) all knew each other and got together all of the time.  If that's true, they don't invite me!  The Red Class mom's were glad to know that we were ahead of them in getting the class together.  Okay, I keep getting off the subject, sorry.  So, we had a day planned at a "country club" for the kids and dads to go swimming and the mothers to relax and socialize.  The kids were a bit disappointed I wouldn't be swimming with them.  I asked if any of the other moms swam, and the answer was pretty much "no, because there aren't really any swimsuits that cover you wrist to ankles."  True.  The kids had a great time, though, and it was a great pool for them, with a huge play structure in the middle of it.  The food was good, too, with some interesting dishes!  We'll start with the food.

That's the way to drink coconut water and eat a fish!  Have I mentioned that Paisley will eat anything?  I offered her a fish eyeball and she ate it (I have to admit, there was a time I ate a fish eyeball, but there was the promise of ice cream at the end of it!).


This is a friend from Paisley's class.  We've played at her house once and she's coming over on Friday to play here.  Truett gives her a kiss each time he sees her.  She gets bashful and this sweet shy smile when he does.  Super cute!

These are some of the other kids in Paisley's class.


The moms and the kids.

 Here's the cool pool.

This is a view out the back.  They had some paddle boats, too.  It was beautiful!

And, last, here's a picture of the whole gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment